Trade and Industry Development (TID) Updates is a series of fora to inform and update the public and stakeholders on the DTI-BOI’s Industry Development Program.
In 2014, five (5) TID Updates were conducted to present six (6) industry roadmaps, namely Furniture, Natural Health Products, Jewelry, Creative Industries, Electric Vehicle and Aerospace. The last two (2) fora featured the Inclusive Business Model to achieve inclusive growth and the Human Resource Development Programs of the Automotive Industry.
In 2015, TID Updates are scheduled to present the major elements of recently and soon-to-be completed industry roadmaps, including for integrated circuit (IC) design; book publishing; printing; gifts, houseware, & holiday decor; and metalcasting.
You can download the presentations made in previously held TID Updates and check the Events section for the schedule of upcoming fora.
12th TID Updates – 8 September 2015
- Roadmap on Integrated Circuit (IC) Design, presented by Dr. Richard Hizon, Philippine Institute for Integrated Circuits, UP Diliman
11th TID Updates – 17 October 2014
- Auto Policy & Human Capital Development by Rafaelita M. Aldaba
- Auto-electronics by Arthur Tan, President & CEO, Integrated Microelectronics, Inc.
10th TID Updates – 29 September 2014
- Inclusive Business: what it is & how to support it by Bart Edes, Director for Poverty, Social Development and Governance Division, Regional and Sustainable Development Department, Asian Development Bank
- Inclusive Business by Simon Bakker, President, Kennemer Foods, Inc.
- Inclusive Business in Housing for the Poor by George Richard Siton, VP for Operations, Phinma Property Holdings Corporation
9th TID Updates – 24 July 2014
- The Philippine Aerospace Industry Roadmap by Willie Estoque, Technical Manager, Moog Controls
- Philippine Electric Vehicle Industry Growth Agenda by Roberto Cruz, Executive Director, Electric Vehicle Association of the Philippines
8th TID Updates – 15 May 2014
- State of the Philippine Creative Industries by Fatima Del Prado, Senior Research Specialist, Philippine Institute for Development Studies
- Jewel Industry Roadmap by Mia Florencio, President of the Confederation of Philippine Jewelers, Inc. (CPJI)
7th TID Updates – 27 March 2014
- The Philippine Natural Health Products Industry Roadmap by Mr. Lito Abelarde, Chairman Emeritus of Chamber of Herbal Industries of the Philippines, Inc. (CHIPI)
- The Philippine Furniture Industry by Salvio Valenzuela, Jr., Executive Director, Chamber of Furniture Industries of the Philippines (CFIP)
6th TID Updates – 30 January 2014
- Senior High School Planning: Internal and External Assessment by Reynaldo D. Laguda, Assistant Secretary, Department of Education
- The K to 12 Curriculum by Dina S. Ocampo, Undersecretary, Department of Education
5th TID Updates – 21 November 2013
- The Motorcycle Industry Roadmap by Alfredo Lejano, President, Motorcycle Development Program Participants Association, Inc.
- The Tool & Die Industry Roadmap by Virgilio Lanzuela, Treasurer, Philippine Die and Mold Association
4th TID Updates – 24 October 2013
- The Philippine Semiconductor and Electronics Industry Roadmap by Dr. Dan Lachica, President, Semiconductor and Electronics Industries in the Philippines, Inc.(SEIPI)
- The Information Technology-Business Process Management Industry Roadmap by Susan Vidal, Senior Human Resource Consultant, Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP)
3rd TID Updates – 10 October 2013
- The Iron and Steel Industry Roadmap by Roberto M. Cola, President, Philippine Iron and Steel Industries (PISI) and Rolando Narciso, Member, Iron and Steel Industry Technical Working Group
- The Philippine Housing Industry Roadmap by Paul H. Tanchi, President, Subdivision and Housing Developers Association (SHDA)
2nd TID Updates – 26 September 2013
- The Sectoral Roadmap for Rubber Products by Prof. Leoncio Cubillas, Director,UP Institute for Small-Scale Industries
- Roadmap for the Paper Industry in the Philippines by Ray Geganto, Executive Director, Philippine Paper Manufacturers Association, Inc.
1st TID Updates – 13 August 2013
- The Philippine Manufacturing Industry Roadmap by Dr. Rafaelita Aldaba, Vice President, Philippine Institute for Development Studies (PIDS)
- The Philippine Chemical Masterplan by Bobby Batungbacal, President, Samahan sa Pilipinas ng mga Industriyang Kimika (SPIK)
- The Philippine Copper Industry Roadmap by Angel Veloso, Chairman, Philippine Associated Smelting and Refining Corporation (PASAR)